"Jean Coutu Poll"
1. The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc. (the "Organizer") is the Organizer of the "The Jean Coutu Poll" contest (the "Contest").
Eligibility and Registration
2. The Contest begins on April 1, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Time) (the "Contest Opening Date") and ends on September 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) ("Contest Closing Date").
3. The Contest is intended solely for Quebec, Ontario and New Brunswick residents who have reached the age of majority in their province by the Contest Opening Date.
4. Employees of the Organizer, of its subsidiaries, of any corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or related to this corporation, of all affiliates (all the employees of The Jean Coutu Group’s Head Office and of the Jean Coutu Network), and also of the representatives and advertising or promotional agencies of record for the Contest (the “Partners”) or any other stakeholder directly involved in the Contest, and the individuals living with them are not allowed to enter the Contest.
5. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest. The Participant may participate by purchasing a participating product or without any purchase.
5.1 With purchase
Between April 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021, with any purchase at establishments affiliated with the Organizer, the Participant must keep their sales receipt and go to the website OpinionsJeanCoutu.com and follow the instructions to complete the survey.
In order to complete the survey, the Participant must use the survey access code indicated on their sales receipt at the time of purchase.
If you have made an online purchase at jeancoutu.com, you must use the link sent by email following the receipt of your online order. This access code is valid for a period of 7 days from the purchase date indicated on your sales receipt. By completing the survey, the Participant will be able to enter the Contest.
A participant who returns the purchase and receives a refund for any of the participating products may have their entry in this contest cancelled, at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizer. The individual would then have the option of participating in this Contest via the “No Purchase Required” option described below.
5.2 No Purchase Required
The Participant may enter the Contest by visiting the website OpinionsJeanCoutu.com and following the instructions to complete the survey:
• Click on "Don't have an access code?”
• Choose a city from the drop-down list.
• Select a store from the drop-down list.
• Indicate the date of your visit to this store.
• Enter the security check text.
• Click on "Access the survey."
The Participant must fully complete the survey and click on "Validate." When the message "Thank you for your entry" appears, your answers have been sent! You will automatically be entered into the Contest.
Limit of one entry per participant per week. Or 4 participations per month. Additional entries will be disqualified.
6. Throughout the Contest Period, from September 10, 2021 to March 31, 2021, on a monthly basis, (1) Participant will be selected electronically and randomly by "Le Groupe Jean Coutu (PJC) inc.," located at 245, Jean Coutu, Varennes (the “Selected Participant”).
Date du tirage Période participation
May 7, 2021
at 11:00 a.m.
(Eastern time) One (1) Entry will be drawn randomly from among all Entries received between April 1 and April 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time).
June 7, 2021
at 11:00 a.m.
(Eastern time) One (1) Entry will be drawn randomly from among all Entries received between May 1 and May 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time).
July 7, 2021
at 11:00 a.m.
(Eastern time) One (1) Entry will be drawn randomly from among all Entries received between June 1 and June 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time).
August 6, 2021
at 11:00 a.m.
(Eastern time) One (1) Entry will be drawn randomly from among all Entries received between July 1 and July 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time).
September 7, 2021
at 11:00 a.m.
(Eastern time) One (1) Entry will be drawn randomly from among all Entries received between August 1 and August 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time).
October 7, 2021
at 11:00 a.m.
(Eastern time) One (1) Entry will be drawn randomly from among all Entries received between September 1 and September 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time).
7. The Winner (as defined below) will be awarded the following prize (the “Prize”):
"A Jean Coutu gift card valued at $1,000."
• Gift cards are not credit cards or debit cards.
• Gift cards must be presented at the time of purchase and allow the available credit to be exchanged for merchandise offered at any Jean Coutu store (subject, where applicable, to any restrictions prescribed by law);
• Gift cards have no expiration date.
• The value of purchases made with your gift card will be deducted from the gift card until the balance of the gift card reaches zero.
• You can check the balance of your gift card by presenting it at a Jean Coutu store.
• Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash, except when required by law. They cannot be returned or refunded. Furthermore, they cannot be used to pay for other gift cards or as a method of payment for an online purchase.
• The Contest Organizer is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged gift cards. No refund or replacement will be made if your gift card is used without your authorization.
• In the case of unusable or defective gift cards, the Jean Coutu Group may issue a replacement, provided that the card has a credit balance.
• Any attempt to unlawfully tamper with or modify a gift card will result in the automatic cancellation of the gift card and the credits attached to it without notice.
• Gift cards (including any information that may be displayed, engraved or encoded on them, as well as intellectual property rights) remain the property of the Jean Coutu Group. Gift cards cannot be resold.
Conditions Applicable to Prizes
8. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of use of the prize provider. Additional restrictions may apply. The Organizer has no liability for the prize once awarded.
9. To be declared a Winner, the Selected Participant must:
a) be reached by telephone or email by the Organizer within three (3) days of the selection of participants. If the Selected Participant is not reached within the prescribed time following appropriate and reasonable steps taken by the Organizer, their participation will be cancelled and a second Participant will be selected. If the second Participant is not reached within three (3) days of the second selection, their participation will be cancelled and no other Participant will be selected and the prize will not be awarded; In the event that a Selected Participant is contacted by email, they must respond to it according to the email instructions, if any. Any email notification of a prize followed by a notification that the message could not be delivered will result in disqualification of the Participant.
b) correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question on the Waiver and Release Form (the “Form”);
c) accept the Prize as described in the Contest Rules herein (the “Contest Rules”); the Prize may not be assigned, modified or redeemed in part or in whole for any amount or other consideration;
d) complete and sign the Contest Waiver and Release Form and return it to the Organizer within the time period shown in the letter attached to the Form. Should the Selected Participant fail to return the Waiver and Release Form within this time period, the Prize will be awarded to another Participant.
e) accept the Prize terms and conditions.
10. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received by the Contest Close Date.
11. A Selected Participant's refusal to accept a prize under the terms of these rules releases the Organizer and Partners from all of their obligations related to the Prize toward this Participant.
12. The Organizer and Partners reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, amend or suspend, in whole or in part, the Contest should an event occur or any other human intervention corrupt or affect the Contest administration, security, objectivity or normal running as provided in the Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, as required. In any event, the Organizer, their subsidiaries and affiliates and the Partners will not be required to award more than one Prize or to award any prize otherwise than in compliance with the Contest Rules.
14. The Organizer and the Partners shall not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where their inability to act would result in a circumstance or situation beyond their control or in the event of a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute in their establishments, organizations or businesses whose services are used for the holding of the Contest.
15. The Organizer and Partners assume no responsibility whatsoever for any problem, including but not limited to: technical failure of a network or phone line, online computer system, server or supplier, hardware and/or software technical failures or any other problem resulting directly or indirectly from a virus, bug or data transmission failure.
16. By entering this Contest, the Winner authorizes the Organizer, their Partners and representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, image, statements related to the Prize, place of residence and/or voice without any form of compensation, at their discretion and without restriction as to the period of use, in any media and worldwide, for advertising or any other purpose.
17. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the Winners, the Organizer and the Partners cannot award the Prize (or a portion thereof) as described in the Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the Prize (or portion thereof) in cash.
18. The Winner releases the Organizer and Partners, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from all liability for any accident, damage, loss, prejudice or inconvenience of any nature whatsoever that they may suffer as a result of participating in the Contest or any damage of any nature whatsoever that they may suffer as a result of the acceptance and use of the Prize.
19. The Organizer has duly paid the fees payable with respect to this Contest, as required by the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines (L.R.Q., Chapter L-6).
20. Any dispute regarding the organization or conduct of an advertising contest may be referred to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") for settlement. Any dispute regarding a prize may be referred to the Régie solely for the purpose of settling the matter.
21. Any Participant who fails to comply with these Rules may be disqualified.
22. Any false statement from a Participant will automatically disqualify their Contest entry.
23. The Organizer’s and Partners’ decisions are final and may not be appealed.
24. To view the Contest Rules and the list of Winners, visit OpinionsJeanCoutu.com.
25. The Winner may claim their Prize from the Organizer, The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc.
26. In case of discrepancy between the French and English versions of the Contest Rules, the French version will prevail.